Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Home and Continuing On

Hello one last time,

I am so sorry for the VERY late last email.  I figured I had better send one more because God worked so amazingly in my travel home. I started writing this over a month ago, but for one reason or another I never finished it.  

I made it home July 31, Sunday afternoon. It never ceases to amaze me how God provides.  He had someone or something help me on every leg of my journey home.  Miss W drove me from Sakeji to Solwezi. We left around 6am for the five hour drive.  The trip was extended a bit because the gate where we should have exited wasn't open yet so we had to go the long way around through the villages.  Miss W had to continue on soon after she dropped me off, but she knew a woman in Solwezi who could help me.  

The woman's daughter was a student at Sakeji years ago.  The woman ordered a cab and stayed with it while I had a chance to eat my lunch after the five hour car ride. She brought me to the airport where she brought me to the small shop with some touristy items.  They were mostly too big or heavy to fit in my suitcase, but I was able to find one thing.  She walked me over to the tiny building which contained the security check, departures, and arrivals.  While there, there was a great hubbub going on at the airport.  I knew there was a lot of campaigning going on with the elections happening later this month.  I couldn't figure out why it was so loud that day. Later, when we were about the board the plane, a helicopter landed and one of the candidates for president came out.  There was much cheering and excitement.  The crowds gathered around him and guided him out off the airstrip.  Everything settled down and we boarded our flight.  Once I arrived at the airport in Lusaka, I was able to find more gifts for friends and family.

As I boarded the flight in Lusaka, they gave me a meal voucher for my layover in Dubai because I was staying for more than 4 hours.  I slept for a little while on the plane, but I was still exhausted when I arrived.  There were rounded couches which were much more comfortable to sleep on than the airport chairs.  Someone had also reminded me of Audible so I was able to have an audio book with me to help pass the time.  
When I got to New York, I had a 16 hour layover which I only found out about the day before I started traveling.   Through one of the teachers, who calls California home, I was able to find a connection in Brooklyn where I could stay the night.  That was definitely God working! 

Now that I am home, I have started another step to becoming a teacher.  I started m y first year of my Bachelor of Education this week.  All is going well.  Please, continue to pray for me that I will be a light for God to my classmates.  I am traveling with the same 45 students for the next year or two.  

(: Yolanda :)


Parting shot: One of my last mornings at Sakeji.

No comments:

Post a Comment